To stimulate, encourage and challenge all children within a home from home environment that is kind, trusting and based on strong Christian values. To provide a happy, safe and secure boarding environment, which will inspire children through its richness of opportunity and foster a strong sense of community. To prepare children to thrive in the world beyond Ashdown.
To meet this aim, we need to:
- Deliver a robust academic education that fosters a love of learning and ensures consistent, sound progress and achievement;
- Offer a wide breadth of education both inside and outside the classroom, matching academic rigour with diverse opportunities to explore in different educational settings;
- Offer a rich and varied extra-curricular programme which will encourage children to challenge themselves beyond their comfort zones as well as pursuing activities of personal interest and strength;
- Provide outstanding standards of teaching and learning within the classroom and beyond;
- Provide outstanding coaching, tuition, care and guidance to ensure the development of pupils in all aspects of school life;
- Encourage high standards of behaviour, conduct and courtesy to one another, promoting a strong sense of community based on trust, kindness and decency towards others;
- Respect diversity in faith and culture, whilst adhering to the fundamental British Values or the rule of law, individual liberty, tolerance and mutual respect;
- Build every child’s self-confidence and self-belief through praise, encouragement and equal opportunities in all aspects of school life;
- Make school life an extension of all the positive aspects of home and family life, for all pupils, be it boarding or day;
- Constantly, review our policies, systems and practices in order to keep up to date with current legislation and in the interests of all members of the school community;
- Communicate regularly and transparently with parents and guardians to foster the spirit of partnership at school and in the wider community.
Mr Michael Davies