Ashdown House School Gardener
An opportunity has arisen for a Gardener to join our grounds department team at Ashdown House School.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, capable and reliable individual to assist in maintaining and improving the wonderful grounds of 42 acres looking out over the Ashdown Forest. Previous gardening maintenance experience is essential, and good plant knowledge will be needed to fulfil this position. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head Groundsman and indirectly to the Headmaster.
- General maintenance and upkeep of flower beds located around the school grounds, including planting, weeding, edging, and mulching.
- Planting out and maintaining seasonal flower pots throughout year.
- Light pruning of various different shrubs, flowers, and hedges.
- Manage and maintain a greenhouse and vegetable patch.
- Keeping the front of school clean and tidy of debris.
- Weekly communication with the Head Groundsman.
This is a part-time position averaging 13 hours per week throughout the year; salary, working days and times to be discussed.
Ashdown House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service and references from previous employers.